Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Building on today

 


Building on Today

Dear Reader,

Norman Vincent Peale once wrote:

“People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.”

There is something important in those words. Before we accomplish something, there is often a quiet moment when we must first believe that accomplishing it is possible.

But perhaps success does something else for us.

Yesterday’s successes become evidence for today.

They remind us that we have faced uncertainty before, learned things we did not know, endured things we thought difficult, and discovered abilities we did not realize we possessed.

And so I find myself thinking:

May our successes be the foundation for today, and may the successes of today make way for our tomorrows.

This does not mean that every day must contain some great achievement. Sometimes success is simply getting up again. Sometimes it is making the telephone call we have avoided, forgiving someone, asking for help, learning something new, or taking one more faithful step when we cannot yet see where the road leads.

Perhaps confidence is built that way—not by convincing ourselves that we can do everything, but by remembering that we have already been carried through much.

Faith adds something even greater.

I need not believe only in myself. I can believe that God has given me gifts still being discovered, strength still being developed, and purposes still unfolding.

Yesterday has given me something upon which to stand.

Today gives me something to build.

And tomorrow?

Tomorrow may reveal what God has been preparing me for all along.

Good morning. 😊

🙏🧘‍♂️💕🤗☮️


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so true. Just this past week I did a few things that were uncomfortable. But I asked my HP to guide me. With that and a positive attitude I trudged on. It wasn't perfect, but all worked out well. Yesterday's success provides positive evidence for today.